Have you crossed the line?
Do you know where the legal line of what is considered a sexual offence is drawn?
Consent it’s simple as Tea
Below is a list of acts that are unacceptable:
- Non-consensual sexual acts – this includes kissing!
- Unwanted or non-consensual touching (unwanted contact)
- Groping or Pinching
- Inappropriate or unwanted sexual comments
- Sexual acts with somebody who is under the influence of alcohol
- Bullying of a sexual nature
- Constant unwanted calling and texting
- Following somebody
- Lifting up or pulling down a person’s item of clothing without consent
Has the line been crossed?
If you are a victim of sexual assault then please remember that regardless of circumstances it is never your fault, it is always the fault of the offender! No matter what, sexual assault is a crime. If you have been sexually assaulted there are many services that can support you. Please do not be afraid to get help.
Northumbria Police: Call either 999 or 101
Tyneside Rape Crisis Centre - Sexual Violence Telephone Helpline and Email Support (for women and girls over 13 who have experienced any form of sexual violence, at any time in their lives): Evening Helpline: 0800 035 2794 Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday (6pm-8.30pm), Friday daytime (11.00am-2.00pm) Email: email@example.com
Safeline: 01926 402 498 (provides support for men who have been sexually abused, assaulted, raped) Text Helpline and Online Advisors on 07860 027573 You can also email their Helpline and Online advisors – firstname.lastname@example.org or send them a secure encrypted message
R.E.A.C.H. - SARC (Sexual Assault Referral Centre) for the Northumbria Police Force Area: 0191 221 9222 (a service for men and women aged 16+ in which victims of rape or sexual assault can receive immediate help and support)
Galop: provides confidential and independent advice and support for lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans people who have experienced sexual assault, abuse or violence, however or whenever it happened.
NSU/Nightline: 0191 227 3737
Student Support and Wellbeing (Northumbria University): 0191 227 4127 (welfare and health support)
University Security department: Emergency Number: 3200 (0191 227 3200) and General Enquiries 3999 (0191 227 3999)
Further Support Services:
- Victim Support: Contact their Supportline. They'll give you information and support in confidence over the phone and direct you to your nearest office. Call for free on 08 08 16 89 111 or email now Support near you or Northumbria
- New Croft Sexual Health Service 0191 229 2999
- Free and confidential service for any age. Screening, testing and treatment for all STIs (sexually transmitted infections), emergency contraception, all forms of contraception and protection (free condoms, dams and lube), pregnancy testing and referral for termination.
- GAP/MAP Projects, Changing Lives: 07855 229518 – Working with women and men (16+) vulnerable to sexual exploitation and/ or involved in sex work
- MESMAC 0191 233 1333 Advice and support services for gay and bisexual men
- SHINE 0191 277 2050 Provide support related to sexual health to women from 16 years
- Streetwise 0191 230 5400 Confidential advice, counselling, sexual health and support services for young people aged 13-25
- Support for Trans or Gender-questioning people
Passionate about challenging sexual harassment in our City? Then look no further!
The Line is a campaign which encourages students to reflect on their attitudes to consent, and to challenge sexual harassment in our City.
We are looking for volunteers and leaders willing to support this campaign in any way, or those with ideas for how we can make this work as effective as possible and take The Line to the next level and make a real impact on the city we live in!
Whatever your skills and interests, and whatever time you can give, our volunteering opportunities can be tailored to you. Find out more here.
Pledge to support The Line Campaign
Do you want to support The Line Campaign? Show us your pledge by completing the form below.
To show your support, download and fill in your pledge (picture to the right) and if you fancy, take a selfie with it and email it to email@example.com, (this will be used on our website, social media, NSU/Life and news articles).
If you would like to receive updates about ‘The Line’ Campaign please give your consent by adding your email address in the box below
If you have any further comments to make about this Campaign, or have any questions or advice, please use the box below