Refunds requested with 7 or days or more prior to the event date
Under the Distance Selling Regulations, if you buy online or by phone, your consumer rights entitle you to a full refund if you request one in writing within 7 working days of receipt. This includes any delivery charge, but excludes the products listed as exceptions below.
- Tickets purchased within 7 days of the event date.
- Booking and or administration Fees.
Refunds requested with less than 7 days to, or after the event date
Claims for refunds must be made within 4 weeks of the Sage Pay transaction via Students’ Union Welcome Desk on 0191 227 4757 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Any payment will be at the discretion of Northumbria Students’ Union. If a refund is sanctioned, the monies will be refunded via Sage Pay or by Bank Transfer (no cash refunds will be made).
Northumbria Students’ Union reserves the right to refuse a refund on any product – your statutory rights are not affected.
Where tickets have been received these must be returned to the Students’ Union and be in a re-sellable condition before any refund is issued. The cost of returning the tickets shall be at the customers own expense (we highly recommend that these are posted by recorded mail).
Refunds for Society Membership
1. Society Membership
1.1 Society membership can only be refunded if the Society fails to meet the following
1. The society does not meet for two months from when the person joined.
2. The person has not received any correspondence from the society, evidence will be collected from the society committee and the person claiming the refund
1. A member can only claim a refund within 3 months from the date they have bought their membership.
2. The society mentor will be consulted in the instance for a refund. Their recommendation will be needed for the refund to be successful. The following will be taken into consideration
1. a. Views of the Societies leadership committee
b. Presidents (Society Committee members) attendance at surgeries.
3. To claim a membership refund members are required to complete a petty cash form. No receipt will be needed if the person’s details are on the membership spreadsheet.
4. The petty cash form needs to be signed by the society mentor and the Societies Coordinator.
5. The society will be informed of the decision and will have the opportunity to appeal the decision. The appeal will need to be in writing and received within two weeks of the first correspondence.
6. Society membership will be non-refundable for the following reasons
7. a. If a member cannot attend meetings that the society provide.
b. If the society dissolves
2. Society activity refunds
2.1 Members of society who have paid for activities and need a refund this will then be decided through the individual society committee
If a gig/event is cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances we will be able to offer you a refund if you purchased your ticket from the Sage Pay transaction via the Students’ Union or purchased in person at the Students’ Union Welcome Desk 019 227 4757 or via email to email@example.com
We won’t offer refunds for tickets to our events if it was purchased through another vendor e.g. See Tickets etc.
Freshers’ Week wristband refunds
We do not offer refunds on Freshers’ Week wristband passes as there are multiple events during the week which are all time specific. However, we will offer refunds to those who don't end up coming to Northumbria University.