Student Executive is our democratic body which helps shape the way you’re represented. It sets policy and political priorities. You can propose ideas for debate through our online ideas board, or you can attend a meeting to see what Exec is working on.
Student Exec meetings for 2016-17:
- 3rd October 2016, 2pm-4pm, Training Rooms 1 & 2
- 1st November 2016, 4pm - 6pm, Training Rooms 1 & 2
- 1st December 2016, 3pm – 5pm, Training Rooms 1 & 2
- 6th February 2017, 4pm - 6pm, Training Rooms 1 & 2
- 14th March 2017, 4pm - 6pm, Training Rooms 1 & 2
- 3rd April 2017, 4pm - 6pm, Training Rooms 1 & 2
- 8th May 2017, 4pm-6pm, Training Rooms 1 & 2
So what kind of issues have been covered in the past?
- Whether to support lecturers’ strikes
- Opposing cuts to nursing bursaries
- Freedom of speech and our response to counter-terrorism legislation
- Better module guides
- Banning sunbeds from Fresher’s Fairs
- Gender Neutral toilets
- Opposing fingerprint attendance monitoring
- And much more...
If you’re interested in finding out more, come along to a meeting. Or if you fancy becoming a member of Student Executive, speak to one of our sabbatical officers or email email@example.com.
Find the minutes of recent Student Executive meetings here.