The Student Led Teaching Awards celebrate the best staff at Northumbria and give us the chance to say thank you, as a Students’ Union, to the staff who really make a difference to students. We know how much staff value the awards and we think it’s really important that they are recognised if they have made real difference to your learning experience.
Our 2018 Awards season is over! We hosted a glitzy awards night, presenting the very best nominees as our Student Led Teaching Award winners 2018. These winners were decided by our fantastic Department Rep team who will meet to consider all the nominations.
The winners of the 2018 Student Led Teaching Awards are:
- Best Postgraduate Student Who Teaches: Zaina Gadema-Cooke – Business and Management
- Best Guidance or Personal Tutor: Tony Conner – Nursing, Midwifery and Healthcare
- Best Engagement with Students: Kirsty Hicks – Sport, Exercise and Rehabilitation
- Best Assessment and Feedback: Therese Lewis – Social Work, Education and Community Wellbeing
- Best Support Member of Staff: Jill Reay – Student Progress Team
- Best Personal Support: Amanda Jones – Applied Sciences
- Best Academic Support: Simon Bridge – Applied Sciences
- Special Recognition for Support to International Students: Katherine Dunn – Law
- Special Recognition for Career Development: Matthew Hearn – Arts
- Special Recognition for Equality and Inclusion: Robert Finn – Applied Sciences
- Special Recognition for Programme Leadership: Clare Lanyon – Applied Sciences
- Partnership Award: Peter Holgate – Architecture and Built Environment
- Best Lecturer: Barry Hill – Nursing, Midwifery and Healthcare
Check out photos from the night HERE.
Student Led Teaching Awards are supported by the Advice and Representation team. To find out more about these awards and their other work, follow them on Facebook.