Vice President Postgraduate
I am the sabbatical officer that represents all PGT and PGR students, catering for their needs across activities, welfare and education.
As Vice President Postgraduate, my work covers a range of areas from sitting on committees and focusing on education and ensure PGT and PGR students get the best student experience at Northumbria. I am keen to ensure that postgraduates know that the union is here for them, and making sure their voice is heard, and their ideas are taken forward and actioned wherever possible.
I closely work with PGT and PGR reps to regularly obtain the feedback about the issues and concerns of students related to the education, welfare and activities and ensure that they are escalated appropriately to the relevant support service
Read my blog here
What I've completed
What I'm working on
- Voice issues and concerns of PGR students to the university and support all PGR students during this difficult times.
- Organising comprehensive postgraduate Freshers for Sep 2020 intake. (Manifesto)
- Finding the ways to interact with PGT reps and department heads and faculty PVC’s to hear the concerns of PGT students and support them across education & wellbeing.
- To provide better feedback opportunities to all the program reps (Manifesto) & Rep recruitments
- To engage postgraduate students in Northumbria sports.
- To provide proper research guidance to Advanced Practise students (Sep 2019 intake who are going to take up AP module in Sep 2020). (Manifesto)
What I've got coming up
For the coming year, I am going to work on various aspects related to PGT & PGR students.
- To provide proper guidance to Advanced Practise students.
- Assessment clarification sessions to all PGT students.
- Practical skill sessions for international students.
- To provide better feedback opportunities to students and reps.
- A blog on the manifesto progress with weekly updates.
- To introduce rewards for PGT students for scoring good grades.
- To organise comprehensive Freshers and Refreshers Week.
- Cheaper food on campus