the National Student Survey is open!
Final years: Are you a keyboard warrior, chatterbox or a know-it-all? Whatever your survey style, we want to know as we get your feedback as part of the NSS 2018
From 25 January, all final-year students are asked to share their feedback of their experiences at Northumbria University as part of the National Student Survey (NSS). Your feedback is vital to help the University to deliver improvements where you feel that they could be made.
The University works in partnership with the Students’ Union to bring the changes you’ve highlighted – did you know that your feedback has led to these changes (amongst many others) since you started Uni?
- We helped to make accessing the University’s Student Support services as easy as possible, giving guidance on how the new Student Central should work as well as the capability of the myNorthumbria portal
- Bigger and better study spaces at City Campus Library and development of learning spaces at Coach Lane Library
- Upgraded and refurbished teaching rooms across all Campuses
- Organised a new look Placement & Careers Fair with hundreds of regional, national and international organisations, as well introducing a new online employability hub.
- Upgraded nearly 500 wireless access points across campus to give you faster connectivity. As well as reducing the number of e-mails you get from Blackboard to one a day
- We worked with the University to make sure that there is a standard response time of three working days from staff to reply to your questions
- Using your feedback, we also increased the number of modules that accept assessment submissions electronically and improved the way you find available study spaces
How do I fill my survey out?
You’ll receive an email with a link to your survey from Ipsos MORI, who run the survey on behalf of all universities. You can also access your survey at www.thestudentsurvey.com
If you have any queries about the surveys, please ask a member of the team at NSU or speak to your programme reps and lecturers.