According to statistics gathered by the mental health charity Mind, one in four people in the UK will experience a mental health problem each year and often people suffer in silence.
We want to work with students to end the stigma surrounding mental health and start an honest discussion on campus about our struggles and how we cope from day to day, so we’re asking: #NSUokHUN?
We want you to open up and share your own mental health stories. We’re aiming to collect 1,000 stories from students about their mental health, from struggles to coping mechanisms, to show that it affects us all and hopefully we can work towards better support on campus.
Want to engage with our campaign? Here's how:
- Reply to our video campaign on Facebook
- Get involved on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram , using the hashtag #NSUokHUN?
- Use one of Instagram story templates (keep an eye out, follow northumbriastudentsunion)
- Fill out one of our comment cards around campus
- Or to use our website, click here to share your story now
Looking after your mental health is tough at the best of times but we know there’s extra pressure at Uni, especially during assessments. All week (16th-20th April) we’ll be hosting events and activities to help you relax and take better care of yourself; from cuddle sessions with therapy dogs >> sign up here, to free ice cream and free yoga sessions, we’ve got something planned for each day of the week that’ll be sure to help you relax. Check out the schedule here.