NSU is here for you and we have recently launched our NSU Laptop Loan Scheme, where we are offering Northumbria students a short term loan of a laptop should you need it.
The short term loan scheme enables you to loan a laptop for a maximum of 1 week. If you require the laptop for longer, you can renew your request via email once the initially loan period approaches the end with a maximum of a further 2 weeks loan available, however, this is subject to laptops being available, and any new requests we receive, may take priority. There is no minimum loan time but laptop returns need to be agreed in advance.
To access the scheme, you must fill in the form below and provide your student number, as you must be a Northumbria student to be able to use the loan scheme. We also require you to let us know your course end date, to ensure you're still a current Northumbria student.
- You must bring Northumbria University Student ID card to collect the laptop
- You must bring proof of current address e.g. utility bill, mobile phone bill, council tax etc.
- Laptop collections will be from Newcastle City Campus only.
- We advise you to book and return 2 negative Lateral Flow Tests before coming to collect or return a laptop. Book your Lateral Flow Test.
- By loaning one of our laptops, you agree to abide by all University IT policies as agreed when you enrolled. Although this scheme is delivered by the NSU, students should regard these devices as the same as any University device. Failure to adhere to these policies could lead to sanctions by the University.
- This is a loan scheme and as such the laptop remains the property of the Students’ Union, any damage or loss to the laptop would be met by the loanee of the laptop.
- When coming on campus to collect or return your laptop, please adhere to current University Covid-19 guidance.
- Confirm that the student is not going to finish course of study during loan period
- Please note, your student number will be shared with University for purposes of monitoring
If you have any questions regarding Northumbria Students’ Union laptop loan scheme then please email email@example.com
To request a laptop please complete the form below and a member of the Students’ Union team will respond to your request to confirm if a laptop is available and details for collection.
Preferred Email Address
Specify the date and time would like the laptop preferred times. Please note - this service is accessible Monday - Friday 8am - 4pm ONLY
Specify the date and time to return the laptop. Please note - this service is accessible Monday - Friday 8am - 4pm ONLY
Reason for the loan. Referred by the Digital Inclusion Support Scheme / I just need a laptop / I need a laptop and information on the University financial support
Please confirm you will be a current Northumbria student at the end of the loan period