SHag week at nsu
Monday 11th - Friday 15th February welcomed SHAG Week to NSU! Sexual Health, Advice and Guidance Week (a.k.a SHAG Week) was all about ensuring students had the information and advice needed to keep relationships happy, healthy, safe and of course fun!
Throughout the week, our aim was to get people to open up about their experiences and relationships. Our SHAG Week mascots were out and about on campus each day, handing out FREE condoms, lube and STI test kits.
Our daily goal was to get Northumbria students involved and contribute anything from dating tips to what 'love' means to them. We were overwhelmed with the number of people joining in with SHAG Week and it was great to hear feedback from so many different people. See below for just some of the many comments we collected!
- "Don't feel like you have to sleep with someone on the first date"
- "Honesty is the best policy"
- "Communication is so important!"
- "Make sure it's for the right reasons!"
- "If you're drinking, know your limit"
- "Don't try to be someone you are not"
What does 'love' mean:
- "Being there for each other"
- "A feeling that cannot be explained but can be shown in different ways"
- "Caring deeply about people whether romantic or platonic"
- "Sharing the best and the worst moments with someone who always makes you smile"
- "Comfortable silence"
- "The other part of your soul"
- "Love makes life beautiful"
- "Feeling emotionally supported"
- "People that make you smile"
People that contributed were entered into a prize draw for the chance to win one of 2 x £50 Love Honey vouchers. Congratulations to Reza and Gareth for winning!
NSU would like to thank everyone for their contributions and the success of the campaign.