Instagram - nsugreysoc
Welcome to the Grey Society!
We are the official law society here at Northumbria, and we have 3 key goals:
- Help you become employable
- Create a social atmosphere for you to make friends and have fun
- Contribute to the community with events in charity, equality and diversity.
Whether you are a law student or just interested in the Law, we have events that are perfect for you!
Meet the Committee:
PRESIDENT: Zoe Norton (email@example.com) [4th Year MLaw Exempting]
'As President for this year, it is my job to make sure all the fantastic events run smoothly and that the society is well planned and organised. I am here to give support to anyone who needs it, so please don't hesitate to drop me a message if you need anything!'
TREASURER: Meagan Leightley (firstname.lastname@example.org) [3rd year MLaw Exempting]
'Hey, I’m the treasurer which means it’s my job to deal with society funds. This means I have to ensure we have enough money to put on all fabulous events throughout the year! If you have any questions about the society or events just let me know!'
SECRETARY: James O'Connor (email@example.com) [3rd year MLaw Exempting]
'Hey guys, I'm James. I look forward to hearing from any of you for any queries for our Employability and Social Events. Any general info needed, give me a shout.'
SOCIAL MEDIA AND MARKETING OFFICER: Evie Cannon (firstname.lastname@example.org) [3rd Year MLaw Exempting]
'Hi, I’m Evie and I’m your Media and Marketing Officer. This means that I am in charge of the daily running of the Grey Society social media accounts. My aim is to make sure that you are all aware of all the events we have planned.'
EMPLOYABILITY OFFICERS: Lucy Todd (email@example.com) & Kenar Usman (firstname.lastname@example.org) [Both: 3rd Year MLaw Exempting]
'As your Employability dream team, it is our job to provide some great sessions on employability, these can range from talking you through application processes, to our great annual networking event. We aim to provide you with a range of opportunities to bolster your CV and are always here to lend a helping hand on all employability questions.'
SOCIAL SECRETARY: James McGauley (email@example.com) [3rd Year MLaw Exempting]
'Hey everyone, my name is James and I am your social secretary for the Grey Society for the 2020-21 academic year! My main role will be ensuring that when you are not studying hard you are having a great time at university. While socials will be my main priority I will be involved with all things Grey's so feel free to get in touch with any suggestions or questions.'
EQUALITY & DIVERSITY OFFICER: Gabrielle Veitch (firstname.lastname@example.org) [2nd Year MLaw Exempting]
'Hey Everyone! I’m Gabrielle and I’m your Diversity and Equality Officer for this academic year. My role is to ensure everyone feels equal, supported but most importantly happy! My main focus is to promote awareness of disabilities and minorities within the law, as well as the importance for everyone to have the same opportunities as one another. I would like you all to get involved and help increase inclusivity amongst Northumbria and hopefully in the workplace but attending and helping in some of the events we have planned! I am here for any of your queries, questions or any help you may need!'
FUNDRAISING AND VOLUNTEERING OFFICER: Gareth Smith (email@example.com) [3rd Year MLaw Exempting]
'Hello Everyone I'm Gaz the Fundraising and Volunteering (F&V) officer for 2020/21.
It's my job to make sure we raise awareness and much-needed funds for different charities all year. This year members have voted for the main charity to be Papyrus - you can find more about them here: https://papyrus-uk.org/ '
'I'll also be sending fun and rewarding volunteer opportunities for you to undertake so you can give back to society, enhance the CV, build your skills and make the most of the university experience.'
If you have any questions or suggestions just drop me an email.
- PAPYRUS- Volunteer opporunites have been halted due to the Pandemic but should resume shortly.
- LAW ANSWERED- The team at LA have been in touch and told us about some great opportunities to write for them or be an ambassador for the brand. The details can all be found on the website. They have a range of topics you can write about and its very flexible working please get in touch: https://lawanswered.com/work-with-us
- KILIMANJARO CHALLENGE- The Challenge team contacted us to let you know about a Team Leader position they have and availibility to join teams. The chairity climb Kilimanjaro guide you and provide various extras and the aim is to raise money in order to provide clean water and sanitation more information is availible here: https://www.climbforcleanwater.org/kilimanjarochallenge
- FRESHERS TEAM- The Students' Union need volunteers for Freshers Team. During Freshers week you will welcome new freshers, help them move into halls, help run day and night events AND you get a FREE wristband. Not to mention Gareth (our F&V Officer) and Meagan (our Treasurer) are 2 of this years Team Leaders so get in touch or mention thier name to join the teams. More info here: https://www.mynsu.co.uk/news/article/6013/Freshers-2020-Recrutiment
- Have a look at the My NSU Webage volunteering section for more: https://www.mynsu.co.uk/getinvolved/volunteering/
CHARITY EVENTS: (Planing is underway)
- Charity Christmas Meal
- Charity Bingo
- Fun Run
- Many more
Our employability officers have a range of sessions organised to develop your skills.
- How to network - The in's and out's of speaking to professionals
- The networking event - The opportunity to infiltrate a whole venue of professionals!
- Professional panels - Experts discussing topics like solicitor vs barrister and interview skills
We are organising a range of events for you to get together and have fun
- Freshers bar crawl - New to Newcastle or looking to mingle? We will give you a tour of the toon before uni kicks in!
- Halloween bar crawl - Who doesn't love to dress up? Get spooky and have a laugh on this frighteningly fab time of year
- Ice skating - Whether you are an expert or complete Bambi on ice, come along and join us for a fun festive time
- Christmas meal - Get together for Christmas crackers and wholesome food before breaking up for Christmas
- The annual law ball - A chance to get glammed up and sum up the year before summer
REPRESENT THE SOCIETY:
We are recruiting Reps for 2020/21 in September. If you are in Foundation year, Year 1, the GDL course or an international student you can apply to represent your group this year.
Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for a recruitment pack.
Get in touch:
If you have any questions, feel free to email any of our committees or contact us on:
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: @nsugreysoc
- Instagram: @nsugreysoc
Hope to see you soon!
The Grey Society