What is WILD (Women in Leadership)?
Our Women in leadership programme aims to create a network where female students feel empowered and supported to undertake leadership opportunities within the Students’ Union and confident in their abilities. It’s an opportunity to discover your leadership identity and develop key skills that will support you with your future goals and plans.
The programme offers a range of ways to get involved, you can either choose to complete our original Women in Leadership Workshop or pick and choose from our other various events throughout the year.
How can I benefit from participating in WILD?
Being a part of the network allows you to gain access to workshops, sessions and activities that will help with your personal and professional development. You’ll also get the opportunity to meet with likeminded people and socialise together.
What kind of workshops and activities are offered?
- ‘Communicate with Confidence’ Session
- Book Clubs
- Women in Leadership Workshop
- WILDER conference
- Public Speaking and Presenting Session
- ‘Understanding your Leadership Personality’ Session
- Access to a mentoring scheme
- Networking with females in business leadership
- Access to key SU members of staff
How can I get involved? Can anyone get involved?
Yes! The programme is open to all female and non-binary students here at Northumbria.