Thinking of leading your Union? Here are the voluntary roles!
These are one year voluntary roles open to current Northumbria students who reasonably expect to be a student for the entire of the term of office, the 2019/20 academic year.
The exception of NUS Conference Delegates, open to any student who can attend NUS Conference in April 2019.
Part Time Officers
Five students who volunteer to speak up for all Northumbria students as members of Student Executive.
Part Time Officer Role Description
Nine students who volunteer to speak up for students in their equality group to make sure their experiences and needs are heard and considered.
There are nine Equality Rep roles:
- Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic Students’ Officer
- Disabled Students’ Officer
- Gender Diversity Officer
- International Students’ Officer
- Mature Students’ Officer
- Open Place Equality Officer
- Sexual and Romantic Diversity Officer
- Students with Caring Responsibilities Officer
- Women Students’ Officer
Equality Officer Role Description
Please note: To run for one of these positions a student must self-identify as a member of that group.
Faculty Lead Reps
The lead representative is the public face of students within their faculty, and the leader of its team of NSU representatives.
There are four positions being elected:
- Lead Representative (Arts, Design and Social Sciences)
- Lead Representative (Business and Law)
- Lead Representative (Engineering and Environment)
- Lead Representative (Health and Life Sciences)
Lead Representative Role Description
National Union of Students’ Conference delegates
Seven students who will speak up for Northumbria students to the National Union of Students’ Conference from Monday 8th April to Thursday 11th April.
NUS Conference Delegate Role Description