Big hair, BIGGER IDEAS... Vote for the ANNA-FESTO!
Hi! I'm Anna and I'm running to be your VP Welfare...
I’ve been heavily involved with different campaigns throughout my time at uni through different roles on a number of committees and roles, including RAG (Raise and Give) committee and Freshers’ Team. University should be a place where everyone feels like they can be themselves and feel happy and comfortable in whatever they are doing and I’d love to continue working with students to help achieve that!
Here’s what I will do if elected as your #1 VP Welfare:
HELP EVERYONE ADAPT TO LIFE IN NEWCASTLE
- Provide better guidance for those who are new to the toon, particularly in Freshers' Week
- Reduce the impact of guarantor schemes on international students
INCREASE VISIBILTY OF A MALE MENTAL HEALTH CAMPAIGN
Work has already started on this but there is more to be done!
CONTINUE IMPROVING ACCESSIBILITY ACROSS CAMPUSES
Make university a safer and more comfortable place for everyone
- Make sport more adaptable for those with disabilities
- Mental health training for lecturers to provide them with guidance on how to spot issues arising early
- Implement a quiet room
- Provide more portable ramps across campuses
BETTER MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORT AT COACH LANE
- Coach Lane students are expected to deal with particularly distressing incidents on a regular basis whilst on placement and juggling other assessments and commitments, with very little accessible mental health support - let's change that!
- Increase awareness of Nightline at Coach Lane
INCREASE FUNDING FOR LIBERATION CAMPAIGNS AND PROJECTS
Other universities have much greater funding for important campaigns such as Black History Month, so why can't Northumbria? New campaigns, such as one raising awareness of invisible illnesses, would also benefit from this.
REVIVE COMMUNITY-BASED VOLUNTEERING
Both for and within the local community to help make a difference to the community and YOU!
And of course... MORE DOGS ON CAMPUS! Everyone needs a canine cuddle every now and again...