Be SHAW to vote CLAUDIA your #1 VP Education: Collaboration, Clarity and Compassion.
Hi! I'm Claudia Shaw, a third year student studying BA (Hons) English Language. You might have seen me serving pints in Habita or at English Society and RAG society events!
What experience do I have for this role?
- Programme Rep for BA (Hons) English Language Studies 2017/18
- Department Rep for Humanities 2018/19
- President of English Society 2016-Present
- Secretary of RAG Society 2018-Present
- Work alongside academic societies to improve course cohesion and support throughout your degrees
- ‘Catch up with Claud’ at CCE and Coach Lane regularly so you can communicate with me!
- Set up Careers Fairs for each department - you don't have to study law to work within a law firm!
- Lobby the University to provide accurate and clear information about how and where our tuition fees are being spent
- Set up student-led feedback, assessment and accountability forums to ensure that excellent standards of feedback are upheld throughout your degree so you can develop your learning
- Work with the university to improve the PEC system and make it easier for you to understand
- Create a ‘Who’s Who and What They Do’ guide for Programme, Department and Lead Reps so they can understand the way the management system works within Northumbria
- Work with timetabling to ensure there is a MAXIMUM of three-hour gaps in your university day
- Assignment spacing – especially on joint honours programmes
- ‘Rep of the Month’ to reward YOU for the fantastic voluntary work you may do as a Programme/Department/Lead Rep
Thank you for reading, I hope to represent you in the next academic year!
Be SHAW to vote CLAUDIA #1 VP Education