Posted on Fri 12 Jan 2018 at 13:07 by Kayleigh McElderry-Wilkinson
Because I'm so poor at being consistent with blogs, this is the first time I've found the opportunity to write so I'm going to treat it as a review of the past few weeks and the plans for the new term.
- In semester one I asked you all how you would feel about a survey where you could give honest, candid feedback regarding your placements and a lot of you were very keen to have this in place, we've given you one and this will be made available to you very shortly, the questions will be adapted to eventually receive feedback from students across all cohorts. With this information we will be liaising with the placements team to develop an action plan and the results of the survey will be made available to you - keep an eye on the NSU Coach Lane Facebook page!
- This term I will be helping to review results of the most recent NSS survey and taking your comments regarding assessments on board, this will allow us to formulate an action plan of how we can live up to your expectations of assessment feedback, guidance, tutorials, etc.,
- We will be doing our best to give you all clear information regarding the university's and more sepcifically, your programmes expectations of you whilst you are on placement, in terms of travelling, finance, placement feedback and raising concerns. Policies will be made more accessible to you and you will be confident in knowing who to contact when issues and concerns arise whilst on placement.
- I am currently liaising with teaching staff and those who are responsible for the contents of the PAD and PPDF documents to give you more opportunities to improve your practice, acquire evidence to be signed off on your competencies and appreciate the work and research of staff in the department.
If there's something you'd like to see happen in semester 2, as always, please feel free to contact me with your BIG ideas - as well as making use of the Speak Up tool on MyNSU!
Some important things to also keep in mind:
1. The Student Led Teaching Awards - If you feel like a lecturer or member of staff has gone above and beyond to support you, motivate you and deliver excellent teaching, and you would like to give them some recognition for their efforts, please do make use of this and nominate them for an SLTA award. Make sure you find us on Tuesday 16th on Coach Lane Campus.
2. Last term the number of responses for module feedback in the department was poor - your feedback is essential to developing better module content, better teaching, if you don't respond, you won't be heard. Let's aim for 100% at the end of this term!
3. LIKE the Advice and Representation Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/NSUEducation/
4. Take the opportunity to get involved with societies, volunteering and your SU this term - follow the NSU Coach Lane page to keep up to date with what's going on!