VP Welfare

Vice President Welfare


Preferred name ID cards- A blog by Lily-rose Lenton

Hi there, The previous gender diversity rep Lily rose lenton has previously written a blog post about thier fantastic work about getting your preferred name on your ID card, this is below:

"Hi all,

I wanted to write up how you can go about getting your ID card to preferred name.

Go onto My Northumbria -> My Records -> Menu -> My Details -> View / Edit Your Personal Details -> check that your preferred name is right if not, click on "Incorrect" and it will allow you to alter your details.

You just then need to visit either City or Coach Lane Library and go up to the Ask4Help Desk and ask for a replacement card with your prefered name on it. The now have the ability to do that on the system. You will need to take some form of official ID in order to collect the replacement – this can be in the form of a Passport, Driving Licence or your current, valid smartcard.  Please note that the University may charge for replacement cards.

If you do have any issues, please let me know either in the comments below, by email: lily-rose.lenton@northumbria.ac.uk"


If you do face any issues, feel free to email me at r.bush@northumbria.ac.uk

Ryan Bush- Vice President Welfare


No comments have been made. Please log in to comment.